CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

On Being Lonely- part II

In response to my previous post in which I moaned about being lonely, my sis in Canada i.e. MSIC, sent me a mail...it is so encouraging that I am posting an excerpt from it...have left out the private bits ofcourse to protect her privacy...for all the new moms, tired moms, lonely moms, helpless moms and all kinds of moms, this one's for you! Read and be encouraged.

On a seperate note: I think sisters really rock! Everybody must have one! :) Love you sistah...you are my sunshine girl!

Hi babes,

Read your recent post..I guess you are going through one of those days...I know you will get over it. It would be nice if you could connect with one of the moms and yak till eternity. That's what we moms do here. I know how the demands of our kids can be so draining..I remember feeling that they were like leaches sucking my blood out of me. You have to take some time out for yourself. Trust me no one will do it for you. No one will say.."Oh! you've been with a little guy for the whole day, why don't you go out and have some adult time". You have to go and get it for yourself. No matter how generous you are, but if you are running on "empty", there is no way you can give anything, let alone giving with love. You have to fill yourself up and only then can you give....Writing blogs is fun and cathartic, but you need human interaction, someone your own age, other than your husband. We women need that sisterhood. When you talk about the drudgery of being a mom, only a mom will understand. A dad may say " Oh! you are being so ungrateful, is this how you talk about God's precious gift, blah blah blah". They don't understand that its not that we are ungrateful, we still love and adore those little ones, but we are humans and we get tired.

I also have to tell you as Yohaan gets bigger things will change, ones they start playing on their own, watching a bit of TV etc., will give you some "me time". Every moment of being a mom has been a lavish blessing for me, but when I am tired boy it feels like __________ ( you can fill in the blank)

No comments: